Wednesday, May 26, 2010

For the Moms!

Came across this today and it seemed to reflect my chaotic day & thought I should share it. After all what good is it for me to write poems and never share them.

Mom, Mommy, Mother Dear

They're driving me insane,
wearing out my name.
Mom, Mommy, Mother Dear
I can't stand another tear.

I want this or that.
He took my favorite hat.
She pushed me and I fell down.
It's always something every time I turn around.

So I take a deep breath, let it out slow.
I try to keep my voice ever so low.
I count to ten,
then do it again.

I give a hug and a kiss
and know this I would miss.
So on I go with another day,
tomorrow will be better I pray.

For a Mother's job is never done.
Peace and quiet sometimes there is none.
Though no matter what the day brings,
tomorrow it will start all over when the alarm clock rings!

-By Edna Habel January 18, 2010

1 comment:

Mariah said...

Sweet! Love the updates:) How was Ruby's B-DAY?